2016 Election Season
View the election results here
The petitioning website is currently open.
Please visit petitioning.stanford.edu to view candiates, slates, and issues.
2017 Upcoming Events
Interested in running for office? There will be two Candidate Informational Sessions for those interested in learning more about what it takes to run for a position in the Executive, Undergraduate Senate, Graduate Student Council, and Class Presidents. They will take place on:
- Friday, February 17, 2017 from 4-5pm at Nitery 209
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017 from 4-5pm at Old Union 200
Sign up here for our mailing lists to stay up to date with us this election cycle. Candidates, this will be especially useful for you.
Annual Grants and Special Fees Sessions are currently open
Click here for a previous year's workshop.
Have questions? Come to any of the below office hours.
- Undergraduate Senate Appropriations Committee -- Click here for the calendar
- Elections Commission -- by appointment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All Stanford students have the right, at any time, to submit petitions for initative, referendum, and recall. For more information, please contact the Elections Commission.
About the Elections Commission
The ASSU Elections Commission is an independent body of the ASSU that
- sets elections policies with help from students, the ASSU Executive, the Undergraduate Senate, the Graduate Student Council, and SAL;
- educates candidates about ballot requirements and elections policies;
- informs student groups requesting Special Fees about the approval process;
- helps voters learn about issues and candidates efficiently and without waste; and
- oversees Stanford elections fairly and transparently.
Elections matter to every Stanford student because they're your chance to choose how we spend millions of dollars and pick the future leaders of the student body. The Elections Commission ensures that every student has a fair and free opportunity to vote on the issues that matter to them.