2016 Election results are Here
2015 Election Season
View the 2015 elections results here!
2014 Election Season
View the 2014 elections results here!
The ballot website is now closed.
Petitions Website is live!
All petitions have closed, but the petitions website serves as the online Voter Guide. Please visit assu.herokuapp.com to view candiates, slates, and issues.
Website Under Construction
This website is currently under construction for the 2016 General Election. The most up-to-date pages are the contact list, the calendar, the regulations, and the Candidates and Slates page. The information on the petition guide page is correct, but not all information is on it yet. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sign up here for our mailing lists to stay up to date with us this election cycle. Candidates, this will be especially useful for you.
Petitions website is imperfect
Please contact the Elections Commission if you see discrepancies with this website or materials. It may be a holdover from previous years, and may affect the legitimacy of your petition.
ASSU Candidates Information
Candidate informational sessions have passed. Please see the candidates page for information.
Annual Grants and Special Fees Sessions have passed
Click here for a previous year's workshop.
Have questions? Come to any of the below office hours.
- Undergraduate Senate Appropriations Committee -- Click here for the calendar
- SAL -- Old Union 206, click here for schedule
- Elections Commission -- by appointment, e-mail email@example.com
Upcoming eventsInterested in running for office? Come to one of the elections commission Info Session for Candidates and Slates on February 11th or February 20th.
Stay updated: join our e-mail lists
The Elections Commission currently runs two e-mail lists: assucandidates16 and annualgrantsfees. We often post important updates to those lists, and encourage you to join them if you are interested. See the Stay Updated page for more information.
All Stanford students have the right, at any time, to submit petitions for initative, referendum, and recall. For more information, please contact the Elections Commission.
About the Elections Commission
The ASSU Elections Commission is an independent body of the ASSU that
- sets elections policies with help from students, the ASSU Executive, the Undergraduate Senate, the Graduate Student Council, and SAL;
- educates candidates about ballot requirements and elections policies;
- informs student groups requesting Special Fees about the approval process;
- helps voters learn about issues and candidates efficiently and without waste; and
- oversees Stanford elections fairly and transparently.
Elections matter to every Stanford student because they're your chance to choose how we spend millions of dollars and pick the future leaders of the student body. The Elections Commission ensures that every student has a fair and free opportunity to vote on the issues that matter to them.